If you rented a house or an apartment and are at the end of the lease, you’ll be very familiar with those picky needs of landlords when it comes to move-out day. The home has to be in perfect condition, which can be a really tall order if you’ve been staying there for a year or longer.
Whether you’re preparing your home to be sold or getting ready to move in, we’re here to help. We partner with real estate partners who depend on us to prep their homes or to get them move in ready for clients. Want to get your deposit back? We’ve got you covered.
What’s the difference between a move-in / move-out and a regular cleaning?
The STANDARD CLEANING is for general upkeep. This would include washing counter tops, floors, dusting blinds, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens. When doing a move in / move out cleaning there are some extra considerations taken to make sure the residence is ready for the next family.
Move in / Move Out cleaning includes:
- Dusting ceiling fans
- Dusting of all ledges and window sills
- Cleaning the inside windows
- Cleaning baseboards
- Vacuuming including removing basic stains. For serious stains please, contact a professional carpet cleaner. Swept doesn’t steam clean.
Extras Available Upon Request
A number of extras are available à la carte for move-in/move-outs that need a little extra TLC. Make sure to let us know if you’re looking for anything on this list. That way we can make sure it get’s done.
- Inside Oven
- Inside Cabinets
- Inside refrigerator
Remember, these are NOT included by default. Please, let us know if they’re needed. 🙂
- Have running water and power: Often we won’t have running water or power when we show up to a move-out cleaning. It goes without saying, not having power or water makes for a not so great home cleaning. We need both for a successful cleaning! If you’re having either of these turned on, make sure to schedule the cleaning for at least 24 hours after. If the water is being turned Tuesday schedule the cleaning for Wednesday at the earliest. This way the utility company has plenty of time to turn things on and will save us all headaches later.
- Leave a key: Most move-in/move-outs are for empty homes. It can feel like an eternity waiting through an hour-long arrival window in an empty house. Especially if the Internet has been shut off! Because of this, we always suggest leaving a key to get in. Either under the mat, in the mailbox, or in a lock-box if ones available. Just let us know in the comments where the key will be.
- Schedule other services on different days: If you’re planning on having movers, carpet cleaners, or plumbers schedule them all on different days. It’s difficult to clean when other services are working. We also know they feel the same way. Make sure we all get a little bit of space so we can do a great job.
- Leave a few days after in case a re-cleaning is needed: If your lease is coming up or you’re handing over keys, always try and leave a few days after the cleaning just in case we need to go back. If you require a re-cleaning and are giving the keys back in a few hours we might be out of luck!
Frequently Asked Questions about Move-in / Move-Out Cleanings:
- Q: Do I have to be home for the cleaning?
- A: No, it’s completely up to you whether or not you are home. We’ll take care of everything make your home ready to move in or out.
- Q: How long does this cleaning usually take?
- A: Move-in/ move-outs require an extreme attention to detail. Therefore, we always assume a move-in/move-out will add an hour or two to the time of a standard cleaning. A 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom would take around 2.5-3 hours where a 4 bedroom could take 6-7 hours.
Note: All cleaning jobs are custom and subject to the cleaning teams better judgment. More or less service may be provided on a case by case basis.Connect with Us